MAIZE DISTILLERS………A by-product from the processing of Maize grain to produce industrial alcohol, normally in the form of ethanol which is used as a fossil fuel replacer.
• Dairy – 1-4kg / head / day, although maize distillers grains can be fed to 6kg / head / day if the other feeds are low in oil
• Beef – up to 25%of the dry matter intake of beef animals
• Sheep – Can be fed at low levels although care needs to be taken to ensure that a low copper product is used
• Young stock – can be fed at up to 25% inclusion in growing diets.
All information, data and recommendations given are as a guide only and rations should be carefully formulated and contain sufficient forage to maintain high animal health.
• High Energy and Protein
• Complements high starch cereals and other low protein products
• High oil content
• Available all year
• Can be used for a wide range of stock
• Free flowing meal
• Generally produced from GM Maize