Whole maize is imported into the UK and used in a variety of different human food processes. Depending upon which process, various specifications of maize meal will be produced.
• Dairy – 3-4 kg / head / day, and should be mixed with other feeds. It needs to be gradually introduced into the ration
• Beef – Can be incorporated up to 40% of beef diets
• Poultry – High levels can be included in a layer diet (up to 40%)
• Pigs – can be fed up to 25% of the ration
• Maize meal can be fed successfully in place of cereals or other energy feeds in the diet on most farm situations
All information, data and recommendations given are as a guide only and rations should be carefully formulated and contain sufficient forage to maintain high animal health.