RAPEMEAL………A by-product from crushing, expelling and extracting oil from Oilseed rape and the remaining oil is removed by solvent extraction. It is normally available in meal form, available all the year round.
• Dairy – 2-4kg / head / day have been used successfully in high yielding diets
• Beef – up to 25-30% of the concentrate fraction of the ration
• Sheep – The meal content and palatability generally restricts usage in ewe diets to a maximum of 10%
• Pigs – can be included in sow and finishing diets to a maximum of 5%
All information, data and recommendations given are as a guide only and rations should be carefully formulated and contain sufficient forage to maintain high animal health.
• High levels of energy and degradable protein
• Good availability all year
• Can be used for a wide range of stock
• Low Palatability
• Complements Soya bean ext in ruminant diets
• Consistent analysis