MAIZE GLUTEN………By-product of the moist maize milling to produce starch and sugar syrups, it comprises of maize bran and fibres, corn steep liquor, oils and proteins.
• Dairy – normal levels are 2-4kg / head / day
• Beef – up to 50% of the dry matter intake
• Sheep – levels of up to 40% of the concentrate input
• Pigs – levels of 10% of the concentrate inclusion of grower, finisher and sow diets
• Care should be taken due to the high fibre content
• Maize Gluten is accepted as a relatively safe feed which can be used in a variety of situations
All information, data and recommendations given are as a guide only and rations should be carefully formulated and contain sufficient forage to maintain high animal health.
• Good starch content
• Balanced energy and protein
• Produced from Genetically modified material, some non GM product available.
• Pellets / Meal
• Good availability all year
• Versatile, can be fed to all classes of livestock